Most of the experienced clients have their nominated forwarding agent, the agency is able to be processing the detail of shipments, we only need to provide the FOB price. However, if you are new in the business of socks and try to discover the best way about shipped socks from China, we hope this article can provide some helpful guidelines for you.
ABOUT BASIC INFOMATIONS OF SOCK’S SHIPMENT
Weight and volume are two key points of sock’s shipment, they are decided the price.
We are usually referred to below specification. (practical situation will follow the client’s demand)
- Socks weight：a pair of socks weight around 60g-120g.
- 250 pairs per carton.
- A carton volume of 0.072 cubic feet
list it like this:
|1 pair||60 – 120g|
|250 pair||15 – 30kg||1 carton||0.072cbm|
|2,500 pair||150 – 300kg||10 carton||0.72cmb|
SOCKS SHIPPING TYPE
EXPRESS (FOR EXAMPLE LIKE DHL, UPS, FEDEX ETC. IN THE ACTUAL BUSINESS CHOOSE WHICH EXPRESS COMPANY, IT IS DEPENDS ON THE DESTINATION)
- Delivery time: 3-6 days (most of the countries and areas will deliver the goods around 3-6 days, special locations and timing may need longer delivery time.)
- Cargo weight: when the weight of your good less than 150kg, express service will be the best delivery option.
- Type of goods: As you can see from the last chart, 2500 pairs of socks already weighed more than 150kg, we usually only use express service for sending samples.
- Others: express provide door to door service, do not need any other payment
- Delivery time: 4-10 days (most of the countries and areas will deliver the goods around 4-10 days, special locations and timing may need longer delivery time.)
- Cargo weight: base on our experience, air transportation is suited goods weight 200kg-800kg
- Others: need to pick up the goods from the local airport, meanwhile must pay for the import fees and other service charges.
- Delivery time: 10-30 days (most of our clients could receive the goods around 15 days.)
- Cargo weight: Best option while the cargo weight more than 5cbm.
- Others: need to pick up the goods from the harbor, meanwhile must pay for the import fees and other service charges.
TALK ABOUT THE PRICE
How to calculate transportation fees?
- Express: Per kilogram computation, a kilo is about $5 to send to the United States.
- Air: as per kilogram computation, a kilo is about $2.5 to send to the United States
- Shipping: per cubic meters (CBM), a cubic meter of about $180 to $220 to the United States.
Please refer to the below chart
|Quantity/pairs||Weight/Kg||Volume/CBM||Express cost||Air cost||Sea shipping cost|
Generally, for the smaller order (2000-5000 pairs), sea freight is cheaper by a third than air freight, therefore if there is enough time, please choose sea shipping.
THE BEST TRANSPORTATION OPTION IN DIFFERENT SITUATION.
For samples: usually, the samples only have a small quantity and do not need a lot of services, express is the best choice.
For small orders: Use air transportation can receive the good quickly
For big order: the best option for a large number of goods is sea shipping.
Hopefully, this article can help you understand more about sock’s transportation, if you have any misunderstanding or confused detail, please feel free to leave the message below or contact us with e-mail: [email protected]