According to our experience, our direct participation in raw material procurement is the best way to ensure quality. We purchase raw materials from China's most abundant raw material market and ship them to the factory, no third-party intervention. We select qualified and stable raw material suppliers, meet environmental protection standards, national standards, and EU standards, and are confident to deal with each testing. We will configure raw materials according to customers' needs. So as a buyer, how to choose socks raw materials yarn? The following navigation will give you some clear concepts.
A sock has main yarn and auxiliary yarn. Very easy to understand and distinguish.
1. The Custom Socks Main yarn
Cotton is our most commonly used knitting fiber. It has become the most popular main yarn of socks, mainly because of its high cost-effective performance. A natural light fiber yarn. Air permeability, water absorption, heat preservation, and wear resistance. But because of the characteristics of water absorption, sweat is not easy to discharge, so we often find that wearing socks all day feel very wet. We can add nylon or polyester to the main yarn. These two kinds of non-absorbable synthetic fibers will drain sweat and keep the socks dry. But the price is that the shoes may get wet and bacteria may grow. We recommend pure cotton because socks can be cleaned regularly and even replaced every other day, but shoes can't, right?
Cotton has been planted for thousands of years and has been planted all over the world. We use Xinjiang cotton, which is produced in the Xinjiang Province of China. The average daily sunshine in Xinjiang reaches 8-10 hours, and the average annual sun is 2550-3500 hours, which is very suitable for producing high-quality cotton. Xinjiang long-staple cotton is known as "Cotton Queen." Its softness, luster, skin-friendly, air permeability and elasticity are far superior to ordinary cotton.
According to the spinning process, cotton can be divided into the following categories:
- Regenerated cotton: It is a kind of cotton yarn which is re-spun by using separated staple fibers or cut cotton yarn segments in the process of carding. There is no way to weave complicated socks because the yarn breaks easily.
- Standard cotton: cotton yarn produced in large quantities using very traditional technology. They are often used to make the most basic pure cotton socks.
- Hight blended cotton: new process spinning. It has a softer texture than standard cotton, softer, and knotless. This cotton yarn has the largest market share. Mrducka's products, high-blend cotton is the basic configuration, when we refer to cotton, refers to high-blend cotton.
- Combed cotton is a kind of cotton yarn which is spun by adding a carding process based on high blended cotton. Understandably, as we comb our hair, the cotton staple fibers are cleaned up, and there are almost no neps. So the socks made of combed cotton are very smooth, without any extra roughness. It has a soft texture and even a smooth touch. Abrasion resistance is extreme. The price of cotton is much higher than that of high blend cotton. We have an Australian customer who only uses combed cotton socks and is very persistent in this cotton yarn.
- Mercerized cotton: Cotton yarn by mercerized (alkali-treated) technology, and become very smooth. The treated cotton yarn, soft texture, under natural light, has a very special luster. Because its surface is smooth and smooth, the color yarn after dyeing is full and even.
- Organic cotton: refers to cotton grown without pesticides and pesticides and fertilizers. It is non-genetically modified and very environmentally friendly. It contributes a lot to the environment. It is entirely natural growth in the natural environment; of course, the annual output is also affected. Prices remain high.
Human-made fiber, the second main yarn after cotton yarn. It is not absorbent, can not prevent odor. Cheapness.
It's a brand of polyester. High-end performance material. It has a strong sweating function and can quickly remove sweat from the body surface. Many famous brands of sports socks use Coolmax as the main yarn or incorporate Coolmax ingredients.
Wool is an important textile material. It has excellent elasticity, good warmth retention, and proper water absorption. Wool-woven socks are ideal for outdoor hiking.
It's a human-made fiber. , Commonly known as artificial wool, has the characteristics of wool. Soft and light, with the advantages of wool, often blended with wool, to reduce costs. Socks made of high purity wool will appear rough. Adding a certain amount of artificial wool will enhance the comfort of socks.
That's the hair of Angolan rabbits. Good elasticity, not easy to pill, of course, the characteristics of warmth is not small.
This fiber made from bamboo, a naturally grown plant. Bamboo grows rapidly and has abundant resources. Thousands of years ago, it was used as building material by human beings. Nowadays, it can be used for textile and apparel. Bamboo fiber socks have good perspiration and air permeability. Antibacterial and bacteriostasis are their main characteristics. Its surface has a unique natural luster, so the touch feel is very silky, feel like silk.
Flax fiber is also a natural fiber material. Antibacterial, antistatic, excellent heat dissipation, but rough touch. Single-color, the spot market is only black, white and grey tricolor, if it is a special color, it needs customization, very time-consuming, most of the raw materials rely on imports.
It's a synthetic fiber, commonly known as gold and silver wire, which contains some shiny metal wires. It is used for weaving some unique patterns.
A very important raw material for the textile industry. Very strong and wear-resistant, can be used as the main yarn, can also be used as auxiliary yarn. Woven socks are thin and light, but they do not lose their toughness. Of course, because of its excellent elasticity, it can also be used to weave sports socks and increase sports performance.
Polypropylene. It does not accept moisture. Of all artificial fibers, it is the lightest, but very strong.
2. Auxiliary yarn
It's a relatively thick yarn with rubber inside and polyester or nylon outside. Often appears at the top rib of the socks, knitted like a sock's groove, to prevent socks from sliding. It also appears in the middle of the feet part. As a supporting arch structure, many sports socks have this design.
Commonly known as cover yarn. It's very thin spandex, surrounded by a curled polyester or nylon to enhance its elasticity. Except for some functional socks or medical socks that do not require elasticity (such as diabetic socks), almost all socks need to be woven together with the auxiliary yarn and the main yarn to make the socks.
Spandex is the most commonly used term in the United States. Lycra is a well-known brand with excellent performance. It is indispensable in some sports clothing, such as swimming suit, running tights, gymnastics clothing, etc. Elastane, this term is used worldwide.
So far. We have listed some of the most common main yarns and auxiliary yarns. Of course, this is not all content. There are some unique and unusual materials that we have not listed. If you happen to have this demand, you can consult us. It's our pleasure to answer for you. Contact us now, we will respond you accurately within 1 minute - 10 hours.
More useful articles for custom socks: